Over the last 15 years I have worked in various capacities for The Ensign Group and CareTrust REIT … as a SNF Administrator in 5 facilities in Arizona (325 beds), California (79 & 99 beds), and Colorado (42 bed, 100% skilled) … as Chief Human Capital Officer, responsible for our Administrator-in-Training program and org-wide culture,as President of Doctors Express (urgent care franchise), as an Operations Resource for skilled nursing facilities, and presently as VP Operations for CareTrust REIT. I hope to share/learn more about healthcare leadership, change management, quality care, and now investing in healthcare real estate and operators along with you.
I’ve been involved with leadership development from several perspectives:
1) The brand new, first time leader (mostly failures & school of hard knocks)
2) The new leader of a turnaround business (different set of skills needed)
3) Member of the executive management teams
4) Responsible for Leadership Development – assisted in training over 100 individuals to become Nursing Home Administrators.
5) Lifelong student (MBA @ USC’s Marshall School of Business)